For the past week, a fifth round of UN-sponsored negotiations seeking to halt Syria's six-year war has been under way. "The opposition will never accept any role for Bashar al-Assad at any phase ...
Add Yahoo as a preferred source to see more of our stories on Google. The Syrian government has announced an immediate ceasefire with the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) on all fronts after ...
As Syrian officers face extradition from Lebanon, the country’s legal and political landscape is tested. Will Beirut navigate this complex issue or let tensions rise? The officers, who fled to Lebanon ...
The last remaining Australian women and children with links to the I-S group have been sent back to a Syrian camp after ...
Riad Hijab, head of the opposition High Negotiations Committee (HNC), said Syrian civilians were in urgent need of protection from President Bashar al-Assad's regime, in a statement released on ...
AMMAN — Syrian rebel negotiator Mohammad Alloush said on Monday he would head the rebel delegation to the peace talks backed by Russia and Turkey in Kazakhastan, saying this was to “neutralize the ...
Lebanon and Syria have signed an agreement to transfer over 300 Syrian detainees from Lebanese prisons to continue their ...
BEIRUT — Syrian opposition activists say government forces are pounding rebellious areas in the central province of Homs and that the shelling there has so far killed 38 people. The activists say nine ...